Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Change really does make a difference!

I'm not referring to Obama's campaign slogan... I saved 2 Jack Daniel's bottles with change and that turned into $269.35!!  I couldn't wait to get home and enter the amount into my fundraiser page and to top it all off with some help from friends' donations today... 

I hit the 75% mark!!  Thanks EVERYONE that helped me reach 75% !!!


The last few days have been great for me - Running my first 10K, saving over $200 with spare change, and hitting the 75% mark!!  I'm almost there.... thanks for everyone's support and cheers!  It's a lot of fun when you know friends & family care about something that means so much to you.  Colitis isn't the most fun disease to have, but it's given me the opportunity to help raise awareness to people, raise money for a great organization CCFA, and truly feel great running with others who suffer the same disease as me or know someone who does.  Turning something negative into positive is what it's all about! :-)

Crossing the finish line in Miami is all about finding a cure for a really horrible disease that so many children and people shouldn't have to live with.  I probably should have done it earlier, but here's a link to CCFA that provides information about the diseases - Crohn's and Colitis.

2 comments:

Kelli Nørgaard said...

that is SOOOOOOO COOL! I will not comment about the "EMPTY" JD bottles though... LOL

I am really proud of you for doing this!

Rachel said...

The empty JD bottles were not of my doing, but I filled them back up! :-)