Saturday, November 15, 2008

Jingle All The Way... I'm running all the way!



I'm excited... I just registered for the Jingle All The Way 10K!!!  So this will be an excellent preview to Miami Half Marathon is what our Team Manager and Coach are telling us.  I believe it's a great idea, especially since this will be my first official run.  It should help me know what to expect for Miami.

Also, this is great doing a 10K because that's about 6.2 miles.  And everyone knows (if not, check out my training log on the right) that I've ran at least 6 miles already! :-)  So even though a Half Marathon is 13.1 miles, I'm considering myself at the halfway mark for training.  Our Team Manager and Coach assure us that we will be prepared to run in Miami, so long as we follow their suggestions and running plans.  This is really exciting... thanks again for cheering me on!  I'm so happy about finding my new hobby running... or as our Running Coach says "finding your runner's high!"  Jingle All the Way 10K is December 14, so that's almost exactly 1 month away.... what an exciting day today is for me!

1 comment:

Nichole said...

oo how fun! What a great way to have a practice run for Miami! I think it is so cool that you have found such a passion for running. Not only that, but that you are so great at it as well! Keep up the awesome work