So, instead of running to the Monument or Jefferson Memorial as previously planned... we ran up Capitol Hill.
I keep saying ran up Capitol Hill b/c it's really a good incline! Running up Independence Ave and on Penn Ave, we passed tons of delis, cafes, and restaurants. It was such a beautiful day, many people were enjoying their lunches outside. And I really felt the hill, but kept

going knowing it would flatten eventually... eventually I kept telling myself. lol
Then we had to make a right on Penn Ave and then to 8th Street. It was a total of 1.5 miles to the store according to my GPS... perfect! I thought and then my friend encouraged me to run back to the office... but we ran on the other side of the Capitol Bldg and it was all d
own hill!! So 3 miles today and it felt much better than I would have expected.
He's great to run with and even better is that he wants to meet everyday to run @ lunchtime. So I believe I should change my biking routine a bit, while I introduce the running. I thought this week I could try out biking every other day - Mon, Wed, and Fri, while running everyday. I'm really going to miss biking to work tomorrow... but excited to see how the running goes!
Oh and my new running shoes felt great! :-) The picture of the Capitol Bldg is from last year when I was walking around DC... now I'm running in DC lol
No comments:
Post a Comment