Sunday, September 28, 2008

Week 3 Starts TODAY!

I woke up this morning feeling good after a rest yesterday.  I need to make sure I have rest days every so often especially in the beginning of my training.  I read that you should have one complete full day of rest for your legs.

Today, I ran 2 miles and you can check out the course here.  Old Town Alexandria is a great place to run.  
In the picture above, you can see the main street through Old Town which is King Street.  I ran to King Street and down to the river.  King Street is known for its boutiques and restaurants.  At the end of King Street is the Potomac River... which is where you'll find the Torpedo Factory Art Center and Chart House (seafood) Restaurant.

I'm excited about this upcoming week... running with Jeremy and adding an additional mile to our run with the Lincoln Memorial Run.  I'll let you know how it goes this week... hope for no rain!  I beat the rain today before my 2 mile run and it looks like the sun might be trying to come out now! :-)

2 comments:

dd said...

Rach, Two comments: First - guess what - I have your same exact NB running shoes. However, yours look like they have a low back? Maybe it just looked that way in the pic?
(I just don't know how they could be effective without a full back.)
Second - I tried to donate money but was turned off when they asked for so much personal info. I really don't want to be on any mailing lists or called at home. Maybe I can just mail you a check?
DDUNN

Rachel said...

Hi Diane -
That's funny about the shoes... not sure tho w/ high vs low. Maybe when we meet up next time, we can compare.

I'll send you an email w/ my address... we can def work something out! Thanks a lot for your donation!
-Rach