Monday, October 6, 2008

Mystery Run up to Capitol Hill

Today, Jeremy and I decided to switch it up and just run anywhere. Running the same route everyday can get boring.... so Jeremy paid attention to the time and I'm sure he kept his usual pace ahead of me, so we're pretty sure we ran equivalent distance.

We ran up Capitol Hill to start... this is tough just walking up it, but to run up it... well, sure you can understand. So we ran around the Capitol Hill neighborhood -turning at red lights or when we saw a clear straight sidewalk to run on... eventually, we turned to run down Capitol Hill and Jeremy asked if I would like to run back up Capitol for the ending... opposed to a lap around the Mall to finish off the run. We opted for the run up the Hill and then Jeremy encouraged me on the last bit to sprint to our office bldg.

It was a good run and we enjoyed the beautiful fall weather... I'll post the route/run sometime this week. More running tomorrow!

2 comments:

Nichole said...

What a fun way to mix it up. It must be great to have so many cool landmarks to run around there in DC!

Rachel said...

I agree... and there's not too many hills either - perfect for running!