Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Training = Fundraising AND Running @ Lunch is Fun!

This is a quick post that I'm writing while watching the last Presidential debate.  Today, Jeremy & I ran about 45 minutes, but we're not sure of the distance.  I believe Jeremy said he estimated it to be 4 miles.  We started running to the National Mall and then Jeremy asked me if I wanted to head to the Lincoln Memorial or go up Capitol Hill.  I suggested we run up the opposite side of the Capitol (which is still a hill), so that's what we did.

Then we ran down different streets in the neighborhood behind the Capitol and I recognized some of the streets from the "Mystery Capitol Run" we did last week.  So it's great we're able to change up the running route.

Also, after running at least 5 miles yesterday, we weren't interested in pushing ourselves too hard.  But thanks to Jeremy I pushed myself with this run.... if he didn't meet up with me at lunch, it would have been a perfect REST day lol

I just realized tonight when commenting on Nichole's comment on my previous post, that my Training and Fundraising are progressing at the same rate... Training is at 5 mile (38% of 13.1 miles) and Fundraising is at $1,389 (39% of $3,600).  Thanks for everyone's support & donations!  I'm going to cross that Finish Line in Miami and CCFA will get closer to finding a cure for Chron's & Colitis!

No comments: