We met at 8am @ Potomac Running Store in Arlington, VA. I didn't know what to expect as far as who was going to be there and of course was nervous about everyone else's running level. I was hoping not to be getting in over my head... well, everything turned out great!
Our Team Challenge Manager, Dani, had everyone fill out Running Profiles, so that her & Kevin could group everyone according to their running experience/level. I was in Group 2 - not too bad to be considered middle! I met some great ppl and looking forward to our future running training sessions.
Our Team Challenge Running Coach, Kevin, proposed a 4.6 mile run.... I wasn't too crazy about it since I just starting running 4 miles comfortably the past week, but I was up for the challenge. I ran with a couple girls that seemed to be at around the same running pace as me. At the end, Kate & I ran down Wilson Bvd to make up for not doing the couple of zig-zags down side streets that Kevin had originally proposed. So here's a link to what I'll call the Potomac Running Store Team Challenge.
After we all returned to the Running Store, Kevin introduced us to some running techniques and exercises to do after our runs. They involved leg/knee-lifts when you run, lunges, and different sprint runs to finish off our runs with. It was so much fun..... I can't wait until next wkend!
3 comments:
Rachel,
It was great to meet you today and I am so excited about the adventure we have all gotten ourselves into, it is going to be so rewarding.
I am so impressed with your blog....which now really gets me thinking that maybe I need to get myself one! Shot me an e-mail when you have a chance and maybe you can share how to get a blog started...
Lisa
Rachel,
It was great meeting you too! We should get together and run during a lunch break this week...
How did you link your blog to mine? Also, how did you insert the link to your active page and on your active page, to your blog?
@ Lisa - Thanks for commenting on my blog. It was nice to meet you, too. We're going to have a lot of fun for the next few Saturdays lol
I'll send you an email soon... it would be great to follow each others blogs. I'll help you get started.
@ Kate - It was fun meeting you, too. Meeting to run at lunch would be fun! Jeremy has commented about running towards Chinatown... maybe we could run to meet you lol
I'll send you an email to answer your questions about blogging and linking.
Post a Comment