Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Yesterday 3 and Today 4... Become my Virtual Running Partner!

Yesterday I got a surprise invite to run with a friend from the Team Challenge, Chris, who is an avid runner and she's running in the ING Half Marathon for CCFA, too. I thought it was funny and actually very impressive when she told me that this is first Half Marathon.... but she's ran a Marathon before!! So when she asked me to run last nite, I was really excited and even more excited that we have arranged a Happy Hour @ Crystal City Sports Pub on November 20.

So yesterday we ran a 3 mile loop through Arlington and on the Mt. Vernon Trail. The trail is where I ride my bike to work... this was the first time I ran on the trail and might give it another try this wkend. It really is a great place to run & bike or walk!

Today, I met Jeremy to run @ lunchtime and he and I agreed on running just to and around the Washington Monument.... but when we got to the backside of the Monument, Jeremy kept running along the path but toward the Lincoln Memorial. I asked where he was going... he said we're running to Lincoln. So today was a surprise 4 mile run. I felt much better than I thought I would having just ran last nite... but glad Jeremy was there to encourage me to run a little more today.

Thanks again for everyone's support and contributions to CCFA for me so I can run. I'm almost at the 50% mark, so getting more and more excited! I have to meet this $3,600 minimum goal to be able to run... so you're literally helping me cross the finish line when you donate!!

I'll do all the running... just become my virtual running partner by contributing to my run :-)
(Click Here to be my Virtual Running Partner!!)

3 comments:

Kelli Nørgaard said...

you are like a running machine!!!!!
I am sooo utterly impressed, as I sit here on the couch and read this... :o)

Anonymous said...

You're so inspirational! You read right into my anxiety about not being able to run the entire thing. Hopefully I will start running again this Sat. After my injury, I got sick! It's like fate is against me. PS- Can you give me the link to your fundraising page?

See you tomorrow!

Nichole said...

The water looks so pretty and peaceful there. Good luck with the last 50% of donations!!