Yesterday we ran 4 miles via the Lincoln Memorial run.... but we did it backwards!! It was fun to run on the opposite side of the Mall first and then to run the opposite away around the Lincoln Memorial. I believe doing that helps me mentally get stronger running... Jeremy and I talk about that lots when we're running. I often try to say positive things like "I feel great" or "It's so beautiful out," to try to distract myself from being tired while running.... some days it works better than others.
Yesterday, running opposite way around the Lincoln Memorial did the trick - it was a good 4 mile run yesterday! Also, having Wednesday (10/9) off with a rest, probably helped yesterday's run.
Have to wait & see what today's Lunchtime run is.... I think it's going up to near 80F today again... so it will be another warm day - but the sun is shinning :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I agree that staying positive while training (any kind of training) really helps mentally feel good and helps create a better workout.
Great on running the Lincoln Memorial run backwards. I would never have thought of that as a way to mix up the path of a run.. guess I'm not so creative. ;)
Post a Comment